You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I search iTunes for a specific song or artist anymore?

Why can't I search for and purchase a specific song or artist in iTunes anymore?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 8:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 11:30 AM

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have figured out how to look at songs in my library. I'm trying to figure out how to purchase a NEW song for my library without having to subscribe to Apple Music.

3 replies

Jan 12, 2022 9:27 AM in response to Ocularsharp

If you are referring to the Music app on your Mac, that feature is still there, but it is buried a little bit.

Click on SONGS from the left side pane to display a list of all your songs. Then press COMMAND+OPTION+F to bring up a filter box. I use this all the time to find artists and songs.

This also works if you select ALBUMS or ARTISTS (or really anything) from the left side pane.

Why can't I search iTunes for a specific song or artist anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.