You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

movie credits on iTunes, now AppleTV, how do I redeem?

I have movie credits on iTunes, now AppleTV, how do I redeem them? If I click rent on a movie will it automatically know that I have credits, and then use the credit for the rental? How does this work, I can't figure it out. Thanks, Jennifer

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 7:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 12:25 PM

Thank you, my account just says 3 videos… my account is under my email

I don’t know whether they’re purchase or rent… if I purchase or rent depending on the type of credit they are, will it automatically come out of the free videos, and not my Apple balance?

Can you check it out for me and let me know?

Thanks

Jennifer G.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2022 12:25 PM in response to joe_g78

Thank you, my account just says 3 videos… my account is under my email

I don’t know whether they’re purchase or rent… if I purchase or rent depending on the type of credit they are, will it automatically come out of the free videos, and not my Apple balance?

Can you check it out for me and let me know?

Thanks

Jennifer G.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Jan 14, 2022 10:29 AM in response to jengrant1

Hi, jengrant1, and thanks for reaching out. We understand you have iTunes Store movie credits and you want to know how to use them. We're happy to help with this.

When you received the credits, you should have been told if these credits were valid for movie purchases or rentals. This is very important. If they're credits for rentals, simply select the rent option for the movie you want to watch. If they're for movie purchases, you would have to select the buy option. This will automatically redeem the credit.

I hope this answers your question.

Have a great day!

movie credits on iTunes, now AppleTV, how do I redeem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.