You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i recover my appleid without two factor authentication

I was hacked in november and locked out of my phone. Its still locked. I had ms authenticator with all my passwords. I since got a new phone number. How can i reclaim my icloud account without two factor authentication

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 11:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 5:03 PM

I dont have a security issue, my account locked as its supposed to, but now i no longer have access to my old phone number, and my email accounts with gmail are locked as well. All the locking worked as advertised, but there is no way for me to unlock the account without 2 factor auth. Does that mean the hacker wins?

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2022 5:03 PM in response to Eric--F

I dont have a security issue, my account locked as its supposed to, but now i no longer have access to my old phone number, and my email accounts with gmail are locked as well. All the locking worked as advertised, but there is no way for me to unlock the account without 2 factor auth. Does that mean the hacker wins?

Jan 14, 2022 12:48 PM in response to Boltwmgb

Hi there Boltwmgb,

We’re happy to see that you posted to the Apple support Community for assistance and we understand that you're trying to get access to your iPhone after a security event. We're happy to guide you.

Here are some great resources that will help you out with security issues:

Get help with security issues 

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised 

Report a security or privacy vulnerability

If you still have concerns about the security of your iPhone and Apple ID afterward, reach out here for additional support: Get Support

Best regards.

Jan 14, 2022 6:16 PM in response to Eric Root

My problem is i no longer have that phone number due to a tmobile error. So my emails are locked and my phone number has changed and im paying 99 cents a month to back up my old phone which has my ms authenticor app with all the passwords. I cant use 2 factor auth.. i appreciate the advice, but ive been trying to recover this for a few weeks. At least apple has customer service and community support. I see nothing from Google. Again thanks for the suggestions.

Feb 5, 2022 5:50 AM in response to Eric Root

After spinning wheels for 2 weeks, i managed to recover my Microsoft account. My vault remains locked, but i was able to add my new phone and email. I then loaded MS Edge and was able to recover all my current passwords. Since my apple ID is locked, and I have an activation lock on the phone, I could not unlock the account or the device. I now need to wait a month for recovery. I attempted to sign in but I have a security lock on the account and it would not let me sign in since the phone number is no longer valid. My question is, Should I contact apple support since i need to wait 27 days to unlock my icloud account, but after i will still have the device activation lock to deal with. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

Steve

How can i recover my appleid without two factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.