You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Waterproof

Hello,

My name is Khrystyna. I have used Iphone Xs for 3 weeks and in one moment Face id stopped working. Than I recognized that my front, rear cameras and light stopped working too. In the shop, where I bought this Iphone, seller told me that the reason of breakdown is water that got into the camera through the speaker. Is it possible? Because I read about waterproof in this Iphone. Moreover, I was very careful in using phone and I used it far from water. I don`t understand what happend. Is it normal for that Iphone? Or the seller lies? Waiting for answer.

Best regards,

Khrystyna

iPhone XS

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 4:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 4:54 PM

Hello ~ iPhones are water resistant and not waterproof. Take a look here:

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered ...

~Katana-San~

4 replies

Jan 13, 2022 10:18 PM in response to khrystyna97

A lot of things could happen, including steam from a bathroom shower or possibly even rain getting in. There are a lot of variables involved including how intact the seals are, since they can break down over time.

There's certainly been criticism of several device manufacturers that advertised a water resistance specification but have expressed warranty terms that water damage isn't covered. And not just Apple. I'll just leave it at that.

Waterproof

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.