You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save and Save As doesn't work randomly on my Mac 12.0.1

I'm running OS 12.0.1 and computer is 3 years old.

Every dialog where I can save or save as it DOES NOT work.

Example 1: Email attachment in Outlook on Mac, i press save as. Does not work. No dialogue box appear. This is always like this

Example 2: In chrome trying to save an image from Google. right click "save as. Does not work. This is always like this

Example 3. In Mac Mail app saving attachment WORKS using save as. It always work.

Any rights that I need to reset in Outlook and Chrome?

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 3:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 7:11 AM

Hello there Erikgoranzon,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue using the options to Save and Save As in Outlook and Chrome, specifically. You've done great steps to isolate the issue. Let's have you follow the steps in this link for How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility. This will run First Aid and be sure there are not issues with the permissions causing issues.

Let us know the results and have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 15, 2022 7:11 AM in response to Erikgoranzon

Hello there Erikgoranzon,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue using the options to Save and Save As in Outlook and Chrome, specifically. You've done great steps to isolate the issue. Let's have you follow the steps in this link for How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility. This will run First Aid and be sure there are not issues with the permissions causing issues.

Let us know the results and have a great day!

Save and Save As doesn't work randomly on my Mac 12.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.