You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Dual SIM (one nano SIM, one e-SIM) while traveling abroad

I’m based in the US and planning to travel to Europe next month. I’m looking at a service called Ubigi that offers e-SIM data plans in all the European countries. Using these local data plans will save me money versus using my US carriers international roaming plan. Questions for the community:

If I activate the Ubigi e-SIM data plan, I’m assuming the iPhone allows me have both my US based plan and Ubigi plan active at the same time. And I believe there’s a way in iPhone settings to designate my US number as my phone number and the Ubigi e-SIM as my cellular data plan. Correct?

How does that affect using my US phone number for phone calling and iMessage/FaceTime?

What happens if someone calls my US phone number?

Will my US carrier charge me also for international roaming?

Thanks

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 5:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 5:42 PM

The answers to your current and future questions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209044

1 reply

Using Dual SIM (one nano SIM, one e-SIM) while traveling abroad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.