You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am currently reinstalling my Os it has been 4 hours and it’s stuck on the loading screen

I have spent 4 hours reinstalling Mac OS and it still stuck on the loading screen with the line. I turned it off during the process of it reinstalling os because the same thing which is happening now happened then did I break something

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 7:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 8:11 PM

Eeettgyfby Said:

"I have spent 4 hours reinstalling Mac OS and it still stuck on the loading screen with the line. I turned it off during the process of it reinstalling os because the same thing which is happening now happened then did I break something"

-------

A Few Thoughts:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Use a different external keyboard, if available option.

• Use Ethernet (Hardwired-Connection)

Ethernet will allow for a reliable connection.

• Install Via a USB Bootable Installer:

Try installing via a USB Bootable Installer.  Use a separate Mac to create one of these - use a 16GB flash drive. It is create in Terminal, with the correct drivers.

Go Here: How to Create a Bootable Installer for macOS - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2022 8:11 PM in response to Eeettgyfby

Eeettgyfby Said:

"I have spent 4 hours reinstalling Mac OS and it still stuck on the loading screen with the line. I turned it off during the process of it reinstalling os because the same thing which is happening now happened then did I break something"

-------

A Few Thoughts:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Use a different external keyboard, if available option.

• Use Ethernet (Hardwired-Connection)

Ethernet will allow for a reliable connection.

• Install Via a USB Bootable Installer:

Try installing via a USB Bootable Installer.  Use a separate Mac to create one of these - use a 16GB flash drive. It is create in Terminal, with the correct drivers.

Go Here: How to Create a Bootable Installer for macOS - Apple Support

I am currently reinstalling my Os it has been 4 hours and it’s stuck on the loading screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.