You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does it say my account has been disabled from the App Store?

Why does it say my account has been disabled from the app store

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 8:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 10:03 AM

If you see a message that says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes -

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208856

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.2; HomePods, audioOS 15.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 15, 2022 10:03 AM in response to lilboijones

If you see a message that says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes -

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208856

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.2; HomePods, audioOS 15.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Jan 15, 2022 10:14 AM in response to lilboijones

Normally because you own Apple money. A subscription service payment has been declined or your payment card has expired are the usual reasons.

You will need to delete and/or change the payment card associated with your account .

Once done Apple will attempt to settle the debt and automatically re enable your account .

To do this

Tap settings /Apple ID (your name) in the top left /Payment and Shipping ( you will be asked for your password ) then update your payment method

Why does it say my account has been disabled from the App Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.