You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I add my other iPhone to the find myiPhone app

I need to add another phone to the find my iPhone app it’s on my account I’m. It sure what type it is

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 2:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 2:47 PM

Phones are in Find My based on your Apple ID. If this other device is using your Apple ID, then it would be automatically added as a device. If this device is someone else in your family, then it could be added as a person if you share your location with them and they share with you. Otherwise, if it is a family device and you have Family Sharing configured, then they would be added there as long as they are a member of your Family Sharing.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 16, 2022 2:47 PM in response to BeauxScott

Phones are in Find My based on your Apple ID. If this other device is using your Apple ID, then it would be automatically added as a device. If this device is someone else in your family, then it could be added as a person if you share your location with them and they share with you. Otherwise, if it is a family device and you have Family Sharing configured, then they would be added there as long as they are a member of your Family Sharing.

Can I add my other iPhone to the find myiPhone app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.