You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari is buggy on MacOS Monterey

I've got an M1 MacBook Pro 2020 model running Monterey v12.0.1.

Things I've noticed that are very annoying bugs and is making me go back to using Chrome:

• Made a tab group and it suddenly disappears after making it, before I get the chance to put any tabs in it. A few minutes later it reappears again.
  • Reopened my tab group after unlocking my Mac and suddenly two tabs in my tab group just closed and disappeared without a trace.

Anybody else? Are there fixes for these on the way? I wanted to try out Safari again after getting an M1 but this is disappointing. I guess Apple is not very serious about competing with Chrome..

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 5:20 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 17, 2022 1:18 PM in response to bug_reporter_1

Hello bug_reporter_1,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with tabs in Safari on your Mac. We are happy to share information that may help.

Be sure that you're using the correct steps to create group tabs: Group tabs in Safari on Mac.

You might also want to test the issue in another user account on your Mac to rule out any account-related issues: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

Take care.

Safari is buggy on MacOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.