You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad is on software version 12.5.5 yet when I go into software updates it will not offer any updated versions to be downloaded. How can I upgrade without another Mac device.

My iPad is on version 12.5.5 yet when I go into software update it will not offer any updated versions. It say software is current. How do I upgrade without another Mac product.

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 5:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 5:59 PM

Because your iPad Mini is obsolete and doesn’t support a newer version of iOS, regardless of whether you connect it to a Mac or not. I can confirm this for you, if you let me know what generation, or the model number.

1 reply

My iPad is on software version 12.5.5 yet when I go into software updates it will not offer any updated versions to be downloaded. How can I upgrade without another Mac device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.