You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air stuck in a reboot loop after migration assistant transfer

Hello,

I have been trying to transfer everything from a Macbook Pro 2020 to a new Macbook Air, and everything went well except that now when I try to login to the computer, it goes back into a reboot loop and restarts. I signed into my apple ID before transferring, and am using Big Sur on both computers. Please help! Thank you.

Best,

Jenna

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 4:38 AM

1 reply

Jan 18, 2022 8:16 AM in response to Pastalover22

Hey Pastalover22,

We understand after transferring data to a new Mac, you're experiencing unexpected restart. Do you get any messages before or after it restarts? If so, could you provide us the exact message? Also, were you experiencing this with your MacBook Pro?

Since safe mode checks for software issues when the computer loads, we ask that you boot into safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac.

We'll wait to hear back. Take care.

Macbook Air stuck in a reboot loop after migration assistant transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.