You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't my Mac communicate with my printer?

I recently upgraded the OS on my iMac (2015) to Monterey. Now it won't communicate with my printer (Canon MF643Cdw). First thing I tried was to delete the printer and reinstall it; big mistake. When I click the + button to add my printer again the printer shows in the "Add Printer " dialog box and the name and driver appear in the 'name' and 'use' boxes. But when I then click "Add" I wait a long time before I get the message "Unable to communicate with the printer at this time" then "An error occurred when trying to add the selected device"

I've tried lots of suggested fixes, including restarting everything, and resetting the printing system on the Mac but no joy. The devices are connected wirelessly, and I can print from my windows laptop without problems, so I don't think it's the printer.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 7:10 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Why can't my Mac communicate with my printer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.