You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover playlists accidentally deleted from Music app?

I want to recover playlists deleted from the Music app on my MacBook Air (2020 macOS 12.1) and iPhone 11 (iOS 15.1) following a recent sync (these are not playlists from Apple Music streaming service). There were a dozen+ playlists containing hundreds of songs that will take hours to recreate manually.

Most songs and albums in my library (400+ albums) had been imported to my MacBook Air in the former iTunes app (now converted to Music) from old LPs and CDs. Some had been purchased in the iTunes store.

I have been adding and removing songs from the playlists over the years and then syncing them to my iPhone. After a recent sync I noticed that all the songs in the playlists on my iPhone had been duplicated, some with incorrect album covers. I synced via Music again and unchecked the Music box to clear all music from the iPhone thinking I could start fresh. I then synced again checking the box to re-sync my entire Music library. That's when I found that all playlists had been deleted from the iPhone and Mac. The songs and albums remain. Interestingly, the Music app on my Mac still showed the title of the playlists in the sidebar but they were empty of all songs.

I want to know if there is a way to recover the playlists without having to recreate them manually.

I checked on-line but could not find anything specific to my problem. All solutions found related to the Apple Music Streaming service playlists. Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 12:12 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Recover playlists accidentally deleted from Music app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.