You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect to an email account that is using my domain name that I've moved to Apple

I'm feeling like a real idiot right now. I've moved my personal email accounts from my ISP to Apple using the new service in iCloud+ but can't figure out how to configure the Apple mail application to connect to them. Previously the hostname was mail.mydomain.net. What should it be now?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 1:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 12:17 PM

Hi smoketx,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today setting up your email with the custom email domain for iCloud Mail.

It sounds like you have followed this page of the iCloud User Guide: Set up a custom email domain for iCloud Mail on all your devices.

Please note:

"After you add a custom email domain to iCloud, you can send and receive email on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and Windows computer when you turn on iCloud Mail in iCloud settings. You can also access your mail on iCloud.com."

Next you'd follow: Set up iCloud for Mail on all your devices.

"Set up iCloud for Mail on your Mac

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Apple ID, then click iCloud.
  2. If you want to send and receive iCloud Mail on your Mac, select Mail.
  3. If you want to keep Mail settings up to date across your devices, turn on iCloud Drive, then click Options and select Mail. The following settings stay up to date:

• Blocked senders (for all macOS devices)
    • Email address suggestions (for all iOS, iPadOS, and macOS devices)
    • Flag names (for all macOS devices)
    • Mail rules (for all macOS devices)
    • Signatures (for all macOS devices)
    • Smart Mailboxes (for all macOS devices)
    • VIPs (for all iOS, iPadOS, and macOS devices)

To view your iCloud Mail, open the Mail app. Click a mailbox or folder in the iCloud section.

For more information on how to use Mail on your Mac, see the Mail User Guide for Mac."

Have a fantastic day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2022 12:17 PM in response to smoketx

Hi smoketx,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today setting up your email with the custom email domain for iCloud Mail.

It sounds like you have followed this page of the iCloud User Guide: Set up a custom email domain for iCloud Mail on all your devices.

Please note:

"After you add a custom email domain to iCloud, you can send and receive email on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and Windows computer when you turn on iCloud Mail in iCloud settings. You can also access your mail on iCloud.com."

Next you'd follow: Set up iCloud for Mail on all your devices.

"Set up iCloud for Mail on your Mac

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Apple ID, then click iCloud.
  2. If you want to send and receive iCloud Mail on your Mac, select Mail.
  3. If you want to keep Mail settings up to date across your devices, turn on iCloud Drive, then click Options and select Mail. The following settings stay up to date:

• Blocked senders (for all macOS devices)
    • Email address suggestions (for all iOS, iPadOS, and macOS devices)
    • Flag names (for all macOS devices)
    • Mail rules (for all macOS devices)
    • Signatures (for all macOS devices)
    • Smart Mailboxes (for all macOS devices)
    • VIPs (for all iOS, iPadOS, and macOS devices)

To view your iCloud Mail, open the Mail app. Click a mailbox or folder in the iCloud section.

For more information on how to use Mail on your Mac, see the Mail User Guide for Mac."

Have a fantastic day!

Jan 18, 2022 12:21 PM in response to MichaelB2019

Thanks. What is not clear from the instructions is that now all the addresses will come in to the iCloud mail inbox. I'm used to having separate inboxes for each address and having to set up individual IMAP or POP connections for them. I realize I can set up unique mail boxes and move them the mail to each via rules which I probably will do.

Connect to an email account that is using my domain name that I've moved to Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.