You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to send a Numbers doc.......(arrrggg)

Hello.....after creating a spreadsheet in Numbers, I go to the top menu and try to share the document. Whether I try to send it as a "Message" or an "Email", I keep getting the same error message...."Unable to send message".

I've tried sending it with all of the different methods that it lists: Numbers; PDF; Excel; CSV; TSV with no luck. It doesn't matter if it's to an Apple user or Android user or any email.

CALGON......TAKE ME AWAY!! (sorry)

Anyways, any help would be much appreciated!

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 1:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 6:19 PM

Why would you want to change the extension? It is a Numbers file and that is the proper extension. If your recipients are expecting an Excel file or PDF, you will need to export to that format first (Share does this as part of its process). File/Export to...

Hopefully the Share feature will start working again when you reboot and you won't have to go through these extra steps.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2022 6:19 PM in response to fchomewerx

Why would you want to change the extension? It is a Numbers file and that is the proper extension. If your recipients are expecting an Excel file or PDF, you will need to export to that format first (Share does this as part of its process). File/Export to...

Hopefully the Share feature will start working again when you reboot and you won't have to go through these extra steps.

Jan 18, 2022 6:16 PM in response to fchomewerx

"Numbers App puts ".numbers" as the extension on the created spreadsheet. It won't let me change it. (sheesh)"

Numbers adds the .numbers file extension to identify the file as a Numbers file.

What change do you want to make in that extension? Why?

Changing that extension to anything else does not change the file.

What are the recipients using to attempt opening the file?

Regards,

Barry

Unable to send a Numbers doc.......(arrrggg)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.