You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Air with IOS 10.13.6 how to I update to a new version?

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 8:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 8:39 PM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and depending on which MacBook Air model you have, click on Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey; it needs to be at least a 2012 one to run a higher OS. For reference, Macs run macOS, not iOS.

Catalina and newer won't run 32-bit software; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To check other programs, click here and look them up.

(212308)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 17, 2022 8:39 PM in response to Phil3013

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and depending on which MacBook Air model you have, click on Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey; it needs to be at least a 2012 one to run a higher OS. For reference, Macs run macOS, not iOS.

Catalina and newer won't run 32-bit software; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To check other programs, click here and look them up.

(212308)

Jan 17, 2022 8:55 PM in response to Phil3013

Phil3013 Said:

"I have a MacBook Air with IOS 10.13.6 how to I update to a new version?"

-------

Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

I. Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.