You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

static on Apple TV

I have a MacBook Pro 14" with the M1 Pro and I get a lot of static while watching the Apple TV app on my computer. If I watch my own library of movies there is not a single one that is not affected. Ive had MacBooks for many years now and never had this problem. There is no static when playing video from sites like YouTube, bit chute or rumble. All other Mac applications like music or other third party apps are not affected either. The static is only present when Im watching something on Apple TV.

Your help is much appreciated!

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 12:33 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 18, 2022 6:54 PM in response to cheezypizza

Hello cheezypizza,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like you're having sound quality issues when using the Apple TV App on your Mac, and we'd be happy to look into this with you.

As this issue is happening only with the Apple TV App, let's try the steps in the following link, and see if that helps:

If an app on your Mac stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

If the issue persists, let's try to test the issue in another user account on your Mac. Here's how to create a user account:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

That can help isolate whether the issue is system wide, or account specific. 

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

static on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.