You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free DVD burner software for Mac Big Sur.

I am confused by the information given in some posts and internet search. I just want a free DVD burner software to copy a few home made videos to other discs. Is there such a thing? I am using BigSur version 11.6.2.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 8:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 3:29 PM

Go to the App Store and search for "video DVD". You'll get a number of potential candidates, some free and others for sale. All have demos which you can try.

5 replies

Jan 19, 2022 9:11 AM in response to brbrown

The video DVD apps from the App Store are not for duplicating video DVDs but for creating new video DVDs.

If the video DVD you want to duplicate is not a commercial DVD you can use Disk Utility to make a disk image of it and then burn the disk image to disc.

Burn the disk image to disk with Disk Utility at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality.  Always use top quality media:  Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

Free DVD burner software for Mac Big Sur.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.