You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube App Keeps Crashing on iPhone 5

Can I never play youtube on my phone? Please make arrangements. Apple is my favorite company.plz fix it.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 10:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 10:35 AM

In order to play the latest version of the YouTube app on your iPhone, your phone needs to run a newer version of iOS. Unfortunately, an iPhone 5 cannot be upgraded past iOS 10.x. As such, you would need to get a newer iPhone model. At this time, at least, an iPhone 6s or newer.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2022 10:35 AM in response to alip32

In order to play the latest version of the YouTube app on your iPhone, your phone needs to run a newer version of iOS. Unfortunately, an iPhone 5 cannot be upgraded past iOS 10.x. As such, you would need to get a newer iPhone model. At this time, at least, an iPhone 6s or newer.

YouTube App Keeps Crashing on iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.