You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

activation lock

so this shows up on my ipad. it was open but i wasn't getting internet, and as i was trying to fix that issue i must of hit the wrong button of course, and of course i don't remember the password from 2007 its been logged on since then. my daughter got this new at a christmas party thru work, so she gave it to me of course with no receipt dec 07 and we entered all my information. is possible for anyone to crack this open without a receipt? i saw the previous question but i could not reply, i believe they are to old. weird they can do it with proof of receipt but they won't do it without like i am a thief

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 6:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 6:34 PM

Without the Apple ID and Password used to set up the iPad, you will not be able to get past the Activation Lock. This Lock is a theft prevention feature. Yes a receipt is necessary to prove that you are the legitimate owner. We can't help and as you already know, Apple requires the original receipt. It is always important to keep track of User ID's and Passwords. You can recycle the device at any Apple Store. Check this link...

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2022 6:34 PM in response to dipaquette

Without the Apple ID and Password used to set up the iPad, you will not be able to get past the Activation Lock. This Lock is a theft prevention feature. Yes a receipt is necessary to prove that you are the legitimate owner. We can't help and as you already know, Apple requires the original receipt. It is always important to keep track of User ID's and Passwords. You can recycle the device at any Apple Store. Check this link...

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.