You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I change my AppleID will all my music/TV purchases under the old ID follow to the new one.

If I change my AppleID will all my music/TV purchases under the old ID follow to the new one.

This would apply to iPhone, MacBook, iPad, Apple TV, etc.

The Apple ID I want to change to I already have in place.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 3:27 PM

3 replies

Jan 19, 2022 10:50 PM in response to ed2345

I went ahead and checked in with Apple support. What you said agreed with what Apple said. Complication, I have been working the new iCloud address for a while to get things transferred over. As far as my iTunes, Book, and AppleTV libraries, they will not transfer to another Apple ID. One sort-of option is called "Family Share." It will require that I maintain the previous email address to work. The cost of keeping the old email address active will be less compared to losing the thousands of dollars I have invested in iTunes, Books, and AppleTV, and the cost to replace the libraries. It would seem that there should be a direction Apple could take to change an AppleID and transfer existing media libraries. With some sort of secure system to verify that the old Apple ID user and the new Apple ID user are the same.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.