You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to reinstall MacOS Catalina because i got the dreaded prohibition screen.

I made a bootable install disk. When i boot up in macOS Utilities, i click install and when i get to select destination drive, it only shows my boot drive. My HDD is visible on disk utility. I am afraid the disk is too full. if i can get it booted up i can extract the files to an external hard drive. I actually am more interested in the files than the MacBook Pro itself, ( i know, i know should have backed it up). Is there a workaround ro install the OS or to extract the information from the hard drive in recovery mode?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 9:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 8:50 AM

richardfromdelbarton wrote:

I made a bootable install disk. When i boot up in macOS Utilities, i click install and when i get to select destination drive, it only shows my boot drive. My HDD is visible on disk utility. I am afraid the disk is too full. if i can get it booted up i can extract the files to an external hard drive. I actually am more interested in the files than the MacBook Pro itself, ( i know, i know should have backed it up). Is there a workaround ro install the OS or to extract the information from the hard drive in recovery mode?

Back up your Mac with Time Machine

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2022 8:50 AM in response to richardfromdelbarton

richardfromdelbarton wrote:

Back up your Mac with Time Machine

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

trying to reinstall MacOS Catalina because i got the dreaded prohibition screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.