You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since the recent upate my delete button is not working properly neither is the tab button

The delete button on my macbook pro is no longer working since a recent update. I noticed the tab button is not either. Just noticed the apostrophe key is doing something weird too.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 4:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 12:37 PM

cargirlsarethecoolest wrote:

The delete button on my macbook pro is no longer working since a recent update. I noticed the tab button is not either. Just noticed the apostrophe key is doing something weird too.

For anomalies like these try a Safeboot to clear cache files and test. Reboot as normal and test.

If no resolve, reinstall the macOS on top of your existing macOS—this leaves your user data untouched but simply refreshes the macOS.

How to reinstall macOS

Recovery (both M1 and Intel) — https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 22, 2022 12:37 PM in response to cargirlsarethecoolest

cargirlsarethecoolest wrote:

For anomalies like these try a Safeboot to clear cache files and test. Reboot as normal and test.

If no resolve, reinstall the macOS on top of your existing macOS—this leaves your user data untouched but simply refreshes the macOS.

How to reinstall macOS

Recovery (both M1 and Intel) — https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Since the recent upate my delete button is not working properly neither is the tab button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.