You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Port 2nd line on iPhone

Hi,

Can you port a phone number from another carrier without paying for another line and use Wi-Fi calling and text for the second line? My company is no longer paying outright for cell phones and service. We have to add it to our personal service if we want it. We can keep the phone number and I would like to not pay anything if possible for the second line on my current personal iPhone 11. I see you can do dual SIM with a physical SIM and eSIM. Can I bring over the phone number from work (Verizon carrier) using the physical SIM and change my personal phone # to eSIM? Then use AT&T as my main carrier for my personal # and use Wi-Fi for the secondary (work) #.

Thanks,

Heather

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 9:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 11:56 PM

hmm1776 wrote:

Can I bring over the phone number from work (Verizon carrier) using the physical SIM and change my personal phone # to eSIM? Then use AT&T as my main carrier for my personal # and use Wi-Fi for the secondary (work) #.

Changing from Physical SIM to eSIM can only be done by your Carrier. Contact them

If you want to use eSIM as Line 1 and Physical SIM as Line 2 or the other way round can be done by you anytime on your device. It can be changed as many times as you want it. Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2022 11:56 PM in response to hmm1776

hmm1776 wrote:

Can I bring over the phone number from work (Verizon carrier) using the physical SIM and change my personal phone # to eSIM? Then use AT&T as my main carrier for my personal # and use Wi-Fi for the secondary (work) #.

Changing from Physical SIM to eSIM can only be done by your Carrier. Contact them

If you want to use eSIM as Line 1 and Physical SIM as Line 2 or the other way round can be done by you anytime on your device. It can be changed as many times as you want it. Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

Port 2nd line on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.