You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I write a note and try to share it with someone who has me blocked on iPhone- will they receive the notification that they were invited to a shared note?

I know that when trying to add collaborators to a note- it asks how you want to send the invite. If a person has me blocked- I imagine if I try to send the invite be via text it will not go through. Is there a notification that is sent via notes? Or will it still show up in their shared notes if they don’t receive a text invite?

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 11:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 11:29 PM

To share a note you need to use a medium for communication such as Messages, Mail, Using Link, Social Networking apps etc.

If they have blocked you in all the medium of communication that is available then why do you want to share a note with them?

Of course, it will have to send a notification to them for them to accept it.

Even if they do not block you then also if they do not accept the invitation it is as good as not sharing.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2022 11:29 PM in response to jessxxica

To share a note you need to use a medium for communication such as Messages, Mail, Using Link, Social Networking apps etc.

If they have blocked you in all the medium of communication that is available then why do you want to share a note with them?

Of course, it will have to send a notification to them for them to accept it.

Even if they do not block you then also if they do not accept the invitation it is as good as not sharing.

If I write a note and try to share it with someone who has me blocked on iPhone- will they receive the notification that they were invited to a shared note?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.