You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Express Replacement

I sent a request for an express replacement for an IPhone 12 Pro Max and I haven’t seen anything and they said it would take 3-5 business days. If the 12 pro max is out of stock and is discontinued what happens in this case?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 1:16 PM

4 replies

Jan 22, 2022 1:55 PM in response to kenrick36

Replacements are not going to be discontinued for a while, although there is no guarantee of how long it will still be available. Apple guarantees repair/replacement availability for at least 5 years after the last date that a device was manufactured. However, there are still replacements available for the iPhone 6s and 5c, which are considerably older than that.

However, the replacement isn't going to be a new retail device, so whether or not the retail version is discontinued doesn't matter. It's going to be a replacement device (model number modified to start with "N") that comes in a plain box (no graphics) and no accessories. The photos I've seen show that at least some come in a box that says "iPhone Apple Service" in red lettering.

Jan 24, 2022 11:05 AM in response to Mad_Matt2013

Mad_Matt2013 wrote:
I came here with a similar question. When I called Apple Support today to check on the status of my replacement, they told me there is no ETA. They're replacing my phone because my current one lost the ability to connect to cell service. Considering that I can't use it to make phone calls, the lack of an ETA is bad news.

Do you have an old device or perhaps as friends if they have anything. Some people have older devices that still work well enough for calls and texting. You can typically transfer a SIM card as long as it's unlocked.

iPhone Express Replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.