You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ssh shortcuts help

I can open the Terminal app on my iMac and MacMini and SSH to my raspberrypi with no problems; connecting or running commands. However when i try to use the Shortscuts app and "Run over SSH" using user and password inputs I get the Error "Run Script Over SSH could not connect to the SSH server." I have been searching for hours for any direction to help correct. Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct?

Mac mini, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 1:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 2:48 PM

Can you connect to this server using your password? Or are you using a public key? Standard practice is to disable password logins in favour of public key.

I recommend using a public key. You can generate one in Shortcuts and then add that to the authorized_keys on the server.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 22, 2022 2:48 PM in response to Big44g

Can you connect to this server using your password? Or are you using a public key? Standard practice is to disable password logins in favour of public key.

I recommend using a public key. You can generate one in Shortcuts and then add that to the authorized_keys on the server.

ssh shortcuts help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.