You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

60fps video playback on YouTube app is laggy

Hello, I’m using the latest iPad(9th gen) and again I have noticed the lag issue on YouTube app while playing 60fps videos. Weather it is on 1080, 1440 or 2160 analysis, on 60p the video lags for a second or two and then returns back to normal. I had the same problem on iPhone 12 Pro Max and that was the reason I returned it after 2 months. Probably it is a software problem rather to hardware.

Any idea on how this can be solved?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 3:23 PM

1 reply

Jan 23, 2022 5:31 PM in response to Nick-ATH

Hey there Nick-ATH,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having some issues with YouTube videos running slowly. We're happy to provide some assistance.

Does this only occur with YouTube? If so, let's see if the steps here help:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

If you continue to experience issues, try a different internet connection to help isolate this issue.

Keep us posted.

Have a great day!

60fps video playback on YouTube app is laggy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.