You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted downloads folder from home folder

Somehow I seem to have completely deleted the downloads folder from my home folder. I have tried to add a folder and rename it to "downloads" but it stays as unnamed folder and if I try to change it again, it gives me the "Operation can't be completed. An unexpected error occurred (error code -43)."

I can download to my desktop, but this isn't ideal.

Any thoughts? I'm on an old 2011 macbook pro High Sierra 10.13.6

MacBook Pro 17″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 9:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 9:42 PM

KdubsKdubs Said:

"deleted downloads folder from home folder: Somehow I seem to have completely deleted the downloads folder from my home folder."

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important: First, Back Up your Mac:

Prior to all of this, Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Know to always create a backup of your Mac, prior to making any major changes to it (i.e. restoration)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 22, 2022 9:42 PM in response to KdubsKdubs

KdubsKdubs Said:

"deleted downloads folder from home folder: Somehow I seem to have completely deleted the downloads folder from my home folder."

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important: First, Back Up your Mac:

Prior to all of this, Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Know to always create a backup of your Mac, prior to making any major changes to it (i.e. restoration)

deleted downloads folder from home folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.