You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

activation lock

I just bought a new I pad, its second handed, and an apple id on it, I can't unlock it. I don't know whats the Apple ID either, so I was just wondering if theres a way to unlock it. thanks

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 8:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 8:15 AM

Hello ~ Unfortunately, unless you can get in touch with the person who activation locked it you will not be able to use the iPad. We cannot help you and neither will Apple. Take or send it back for a refund unless the seller can unlock it. It may be a stolen device as the activation lock is an anti theft lock. Recycle it responsibly. Take a look here:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Also:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

~Katana-San~

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 23, 2022 8:15 AM in response to shakarbk

Hello ~ Unfortunately, unless you can get in touch with the person who activation locked it you will not be able to use the iPad. We cannot help you and neither will Apple. Take or send it back for a refund unless the seller can unlock it. It may be a stolen device as the activation lock is an anti theft lock. Recycle it responsibly. Take a look here:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Also:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

~Katana-San~

Jan 23, 2022 8:15 AM in response to shakarbk

If you are talking about "activation lock" (an anti-theft measure), neither we, just users like you, nor Apple can help you, sorry, unless you are the original owner and you still have the proof of purchase (receipt/invoice reporting your device’s IMEI or Serial Number). Should be this case, start your request using this link: https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

Shouldn’t be this case, activation lock can be removed only by the previous owner, with the credentials that were used to activate that iPhone/iPad. Without those credentials, that device is useless to you.

You can also take a look at this support article:--> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Regards

activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.