You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade and Update

My MacBook Pro which is just a few months old is showing as having and ‘Upgrade’ to MacOS Monterey available AND an ‘ Update’ available for MacOS Big Sur 11.6.2 and for the 11.6.2 Update it says it will try to update later tonight. But it doesn’t do the Update over night even though I have auto update set up. I don’t want to do the Monterey Upgrade right now. But I want to get the Update done and it’s just not auto updating even though I have my MacBook set to auto Update, it’s not doing that even though I’ve had it plugged in and it’s charging overnight for several nights. If I select the Update and manually do it, is there a risk that the Monterey Upgrade will be forced through at the same time or am I quite safe to manually just to the 11.6.2 Update on its own. Thanks.

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 9:09 AM

2 replies

Upgrade and Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.