You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find iPhone backups on Mac

I tried to find ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/ on my Mac, but I don't have all of these subfolders - under Application Support, there is no subfolder for Mobile Backup. I'm selecting backups to my Mac, not iCloud. How can I find my backups? I just want to be doubly sure I'm not losing my text messages when I transfer to my new iPhone.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 9:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 4:29 PM

MLStL wrote:

No Library under Users.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/5769c9f2-57cf-4d1c-a52b-1483f040d062

The User Library is hidden by default. You can hold the Option key to see it manually.

or from above, should read :

Finder>Go>Go to Folder when you get there, copy and paste:

~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

this is the same as Shift Command G

the drop down Menu... Finder>Go

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 23, 2022 4:29 PM in response to MLStL

MLStL wrote:

No Library under Users.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/5769c9f2-57cf-4d1c-a52b-1483f040d062

The User Library is hidden by default. You can hold the Option key to see it manually.

or from above, should read :

Finder>Go>Go to Folder when you get there, copy and paste:

this is the same as Shift Command G

the drop down Menu... Finder>Go

Jan 23, 2022 10:04 AM in response to MLStL

MLStL wrote:

I tried to find ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/ on my Mac, but I don't have all of these subfolders - under Application Support, there is no subfolder for Mobile Backup. I'm selecting backups to my Mac, not iCloud. How can I find my backups? I just want to be doubly sure I'm not losing my text messages when I transfer to my new iPhone.

Try again...

these are not user friendly subfolder if you are trying to drill down...

Finder>Go>Go To Library, copy & paste:

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...

Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your ...

Can't find iPhone backups on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.