You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Control what is played through Amazon Echo or Google Speaker using my Apple MUSIC App on iOS devices

I was using Spotify on my Amazon & Google speakers and was able to control what was being played through the app. i.e. i would verbally command the speaker to 'play music' and it would start playing. i would open the app on my iOS device and it would display what was being played on my Amazon/Google speaker. Now I am using Apple Music as my default music service, but ...

When I open my Apple Music App, it does not connect to Google Home or Amazon Echo so I cannot control what is being played, like Spotify does. yes I can open Google App or Amazon App and it displays the song, but I have no control over what playlist I would prefer to play, or song. i can only pause, fast forward or stop. Not very helpful.

So can Apple Music connect to Google or Amazon Speakers and allow me to choose what I play through the app. Otherwise I have to give verbal directions to speaker that never work properly.

Otherwise I will go back to using Spotify App.

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 3:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 8:26 PM

No, I've done all that. I just cant control what I hear using the Apple Music App. I can give verbal directions, but sometimes I just want it to play what is 'up next' on my ios app. You can with Spotify, but not AM.

3 replies

Cannot Control what is played through Amazon Echo or Google Speaker using my Apple MUSIC App on iOS devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.