You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have iphone se (about 6 years old). Can I use it with USB C adaptor/lightning cable?

See above question.

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 3:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 6:25 PM

Yes. They're supposed to be compatible with anything that has a Lightning input port - all the way back to the iPhone 5. Apple's compatibility list includes the 1st generation iPhone SE

Buy USB-C to Lightning Cable (2 m) - Apple

iPhone Models

Any USB-C power adapter will have 5V available, and is supposed to default to 5V first before negotiating operation at a higher voltage if compatible. The electronics in the cable are supposed to know the requirements for the device it's dealing with, although I'm not sure how non-Apple devices with Lightning ports (like some USB power banks) are handled. As long as it's an Apple OEM or MFi cable, you should be fine.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 23, 2022 6:25 PM in response to CalKar52

Yes. They're supposed to be compatible with anything that has a Lightning input port - all the way back to the iPhone 5. Apple's compatibility list includes the 1st generation iPhone SE

Buy USB-C to Lightning Cable (2 m) - Apple

iPhone Models

Any USB-C power adapter will have 5V available, and is supposed to default to 5V first before negotiating operation at a higher voltage if compatible. The electronics in the cable are supposed to know the requirements for the device it's dealing with, although I'm not sure how non-Apple devices with Lightning ports (like some USB power banks) are handled. As long as it's an Apple OEM or MFi cable, you should be fine.

I have iphone se (about 6 years old). Can I use it with USB C adaptor/lightning cable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.