You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID has disappeared

I purchased a new iMac in the end of November or the early of December last year. Everything worked perfectly well until I added a foreign language on the language bar.

One thing I have particularly noticed that is the Touch ID. It is so convenience and I use it all the time. Two days ago it stopped working and I thought it's because of my dirty finger. Unfortunately it's not. I first deleted my fingerprint and hoped I could reset and reinstallnthe new one. It didn't allow me to do it. I then uninstalled the foreign language input and remove the language bar completely. After all these, the Touch ID in the system preference is gone. Any suggestion please? I have not set up the check point in time machine and really don't want to reinstall the system after using less than two months.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 7:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 1:12 AM

Have you tried:

If Touch ID isn't working on your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

Touch ID has disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.