You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover files that dissapear from trash

Hello i am looking for help because i had some documents in the trash on a mac and they have dissapeared. I was wondering how they could be recovered or if recovery is possible at all. Thank you.

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 8:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 8:56 PM

lorenc_PL Said:

"Recover files that dissapear from trash: Hello i am looking for help because i had some documents in the trash on a mac and they have dissapeared. I was wondering how they could be recovered or if recovery is possible at all. Thank you."

-------

Restore from a Backup:

Prior to all of this, did you ever create a Time Machine backup of your Mac? If so, restore your Mac from it. If not, know to always backup oyour Mac, should anything go wrong. Know to always create a backup of your Mac, prior to making any major changes to it (i.e. new install). Create a backup of your Mac prior to this restoration, and then restore to it after all is successfully restored.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 23, 2022 8:56 PM in response to lorenc_PL

lorenc_PL Said:

"Recover files that dissapear from trash: Hello i am looking for help because i had some documents in the trash on a mac and they have dissapeared. I was wondering how they could be recovered or if recovery is possible at all. Thank you."

-------

Restore from a Backup:

Prior to all of this, did you ever create a Time Machine backup of your Mac? If so, restore your Mac from it. If not, know to always backup oyour Mac, should anything go wrong. Know to always create a backup of your Mac, prior to making any major changes to it (i.e. new install). Create a backup of your Mac prior to this restoration, and then restore to it after all is successfully restored.

Recover files that dissapear from trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.