You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil problem with screen protector on iPad

Hi everyone. I have a bellamonde screen protector on my Ipad Pro.

My apple pen2 is not working now... Does anyone have the same problem?

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 9:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 8:32 AM

Mystery resolved!

I read tons of people having the same problem but no one offering this simple solution. Make sure to thigh up firmly the tip of the pen since It can come loose from the moment you unsealed the box.

3 replies

Jan 24, 2022 9:30 AM in response to NoxCSI

NoxCSI Said:

"Mystery resolved!: I read tons of people having the same problem but no one offering this simple solution. Make sure to thigh up firmly the tip of the pen since It can come loose from the moment you unsealed the box."

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

I wouldn't make it too firm, as doing may but a crape on the screen. If you think it was like this out-of-the-box, then it was like a Faulty Device. and it is less than 1 year old or covered under AppleCare+, then it may be able to be deemed a Faulty Drive. So, contact Apple Support, seeing if you can get this replaced.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Jan 23, 2022 9:39 PM in response to NoxCSI

NoxCSI Said:

"Apple Pencil problem with screen protector on iPad: Hi everyone. I have a bellamonde screen protector on my Ipad Pro. My apple pen2 is not working now... Does anyone have the same problem?"

-------

Firstly, Avoid Screen Protectors:

Don't use a screen protector, as it may damage the screen and its operability. This is a pure example as to why and how.

Troubleshooting Apple Pencil:

Refer to these Links:

Verify the compatibility of your iPad and Apple Pencil

View: If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad

Make Sure: that Bluetooth is enabled

Be Certain: there is power to your Apple Pencil

Successfully Pair: and charge your 2nd Generation Apple Pencil

Apple Pencil problem with screen protector on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.