You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfering Music

I am trying to switch over music from my ipod nano to my new Ipod touch. I have looked up videos on Youtube to try and do this but they all have "files" my nano does not. I did not buy all the songs in Itunes I burned them from CD's a long time ago so I think that is the problem I am running into. If anyone has any ideas or can help that woudl be great! Thanks so much!

iPod, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 9:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 10:35 AM

Since the only way to get music onto an iPod nano is through an iTunes Library, all your music should still be in that iTunes Library. So you can add music to your new iPod Touch from that library.

(You need to set up Sync options for the new iPod in the iTunes Library; the sync options for the nano are separate for each device and the options for the nano will not apply to the new iPod.)

If your computer is a Mac, running OS Catalina or later, iTunes is no longer used. Instead, you use Finder to copy music from the computer to any iPod.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 24, 2022 10:35 AM in response to SunshineCorner

Since the only way to get music onto an iPod nano is through an iTunes Library, all your music should still be in that iTunes Library. So you can add music to your new iPod Touch from that library.

(You need to set up Sync options for the new iPod in the iTunes Library; the sync options for the nano are separate for each device and the options for the nano will not apply to the new iPod.)

If your computer is a Mac, running OS Catalina or later, iTunes is no longer used. Instead, you use Finder to copy music from the computer to any iPod.

Transfering Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.