You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I have two apple ids on my phone

I somehow have over the years managed to create two apple ids and have made purchases of music etc on them both., Can I have both ids on my phone or otherwise is there a way to merge them please. Many Thanks Nigel

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 1:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 4:43 PM

you might try setting up a family with your two apple ids. Then enable purchase sharing with each other, though even that can cause problems, especially with Homekit.

It's a crappy situation that Apple willfully put a lot of old iTools and .Mac users in. You can't merge Apple IDs, you can't transfer purchases to a new Apple ID. If an Apple ID is compromised, you can't delete that Apple ID and start over. It's purely a marketing decision and has nothing to do with security.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 26, 2022 4:43 PM in response to Nij17

you might try setting up a family with your two apple ids. Then enable purchase sharing with each other, though even that can cause problems, especially with Homekit.

It's a crappy situation that Apple willfully put a lot of old iTools and .Mac users in. You can't merge Apple IDs, you can't transfer purchases to a new Apple ID. If an Apple ID is compromised, you can't delete that Apple ID and start over. It's purely a marketing decision and has nothing to do with security.

Can I have two apple ids on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.