You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Switcher Help Needed

Did the app switcher change for the iphone 13? Not sure if it's my phone acting funky or if this is just the way it's supposed to work but it doesn't seem as smooth as I've seen in other models and I can't find any information on it.

Typically swiping up midway and slightly to the right would open the app switcher, but, on my phone, it's more of a short swipe up and release. When you swipe up there is a vibration and you can see the bar bounce back to the bottom (even if you haven't released yet). It also vibrates when there are no apps to close.

It's been like this since I first used the phone.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 6:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 6:58 PM

I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and iOS version 15. Every since the App Switcher was first introduced, I have not seen a change in bringing it up or masking it active. For me, it has always been a short swipe up from the middle and release. You get a haptic feedback when you swipe up. The swipe up may feel shorter for me and perhaps due to the larger iPhone screens that I have always used. The action animation has always been smooth for me.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 25, 2022 6:58 PM in response to Mac_Problems

I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and iOS version 15. Every since the App Switcher was first introduced, I have not seen a change in bringing it up or masking it active. For me, it has always been a short swipe up from the middle and release. You get a haptic feedback when you swipe up. The swipe up may feel shorter for me and perhaps due to the larger iPhone screens that I have always used. The action animation has always been smooth for me.

Axel F.

Jan 25, 2022 7:30 PM in response to Axel Foley

Thanks for the help Axel.

I found a comment on a youtube video that is exactly what I'm experiencing and might paint a better picture.

"So my phone has this weird thing, ever since i transfer the data from an old iphone 6 with the home button to the new iphone 12, the swipe up doesn't do that little motion thingy as shown in the video. " (I transferred data from an iPhone 7 to the 13)

Basically, the active apps don't "glide" up and scrolling through the active apps is not as smooth either.

Jan 25, 2022 8:11 PM in response to Mac_Problems

Understood. You are stating that the animation involved in bringing up the App Switcher and fanning through the suspended apps is not smooth. You may be experiencing some stutter.

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

App Switcher Help Needed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.