You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Webcam Not Recognized by Zoom or Other Apps

I recently updated to Monterey OS and my webcam was working fine until today. Now Zoom no longer recognizes my webcam as an optional camera selection to use as a video device. Only the built-in camera appears. Please help. Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 8:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 8:59 AM

I have the same issue. I've been using Logitech c920 for about 6 years, and two weeks ago, my MacBook Pro stopped recognizing it. I considered it may be my USB ports, but my iPhone plugs in and charges and is recognized. I thought maybe the Logitech broke, but it's recognized by my husband's (new) MacBook. I've done the suggested restart of my laptop; I've also done an SMC Reset as described in https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7851442. What else is possible here? What will it take for my MacBook Pro to recognize my Logitech c920 again?? Thanks for any new suggestions.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2022 8:59 AM in response to claire504

I have the same issue. I've been using Logitech c920 for about 6 years, and two weeks ago, my MacBook Pro stopped recognizing it. I considered it may be my USB ports, but my iPhone plugs in and charges and is recognized. I thought maybe the Logitech broke, but it's recognized by my husband's (new) MacBook. I've done the suggested restart of my laptop; I've also done an SMC Reset as described in https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7851442. What else is possible here? What will it take for my MacBook Pro to recognize my Logitech c920 again?? Thanks for any new suggestions.

Jan 27, 2022 6:56 AM in response to bradfordspeaks

Hey bradfordspeaks,

We understand that your external webcam is no longer recognized in Zoom or other apps that use the camera for your MacBook Pro. To confirm, this also happens in FaceTime, correct? What happens if you disconnect the external camera, wait a moment before plugging it back in? You may need to wait 10-15 seconds for your MacBook Pro to recognize the external camera.

Does restarting help your external webcam show again? Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac Restarting can seem like a simple step, but it can sometimes help. You mentioned you updated to macOS Monterey. Can you confirm the specific macOS Monterey version your MacBook Pro is running? If unsure, you can find that in the Apple menu () > About This Mac > Overview tab.

Take care.

External Webcam Not Recognized by Zoom or Other Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.