You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad no longer auto shutting down when Kindle app is open

Both of my iPads (air 2 and 12.9 Pro) have stopped auto shutting down when the Kindle reader app is open. This is since the iOS 15.2 update. Kindle has not been updated since April 2021. Unfortunately Amazon makes it impossible to contact them about an App software issue. I have spent a totally fruitless hour delving into their website looking for assistance with no luck, looking to send a bug report. Very irritating and is leading to battery drain.

Wilson

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 9:17 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 27, 2022 11:29 AM in response to RWilsonLaidlaw

Hello RWilsonLaidlaw.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your Kindle app is not working properly for both your iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro 12.9. Our apps are important, and we'll be glad to assist.

Please see the following resource for the best steps to take:If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Cheers.

Jan 27, 2022 3:42 PM in response to Nicholas_B2

Done all that with no improvement. I am far from the only person complaining about this. There have been multiple threads started about this auto shutdown failure issue with Kindle. I suspect the problem lies with Amazon failing to update the Kindle app for close to 10 months but as they don't seem to want to know about bugs in their apps, there is little remedy. Apple's own iOS book reader is also bug ridden and has become steadily worse over the years I have been using it, since the iPad first appeared. It constantly loses books and misplaces them, when you are in the middle of reading and the indexing/sorting facility is a joke. At least Kindle does not do this and their search facility is hugely better than Books.

Wilson

iPad no longer auto shutting down when Kindle app is open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.