You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Capture Not Showing iPhone Images

Hello: The problem is with Image Capture. My device (iPhone) appears when connected to my iMac, but no pictures appear in the window at right. Normally, there's a lock symbol, but now I see there's an iCloud symbol, as well, which doesn't go away. Symbol stands for "syncing" as I understand it, but without pictures, there is no syncing. When I click on link, lock symbol just disappears. iCloud symbol remains--and no pictures appear at right, as I said. I should add that before unlocking my device, only the lock symbol appears under Devices. When I sign in, the lock symbol disappears and only the Cloud symbol remains.

My software is totally up to date, so I know that's not the issue. Many thanks for your help. LGracey

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 9:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 12:14 PM

As luck would have it, a software update notice popped up and of course took care of the issue. All is well. Thanks again for your time. LGracey

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 26, 2022 9:45 AM in response to lgracey

It appears that you have iCloud Photo Library, and the photos are not stored locally on your iPhone.

If you set Photos on your mac to use iCloud as well, they should sync and you won't need to use Image Capture.

Full disclosure: I do not use iCloud Photo Library, and I do use Image Capture, and I am able to transfer the images that are stored in my iPhone.

Jan 26, 2022 10:13 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have iCloud Photo Library, but the photos are also stored on my iPhone. This has long been the case. For some reason, the setup has stopped working, as I have described. The images are no longer uploaded to Image Capture from my phone. I would like to keep using Image Capture. I see that I can uncheck iCloud Photos on my Mac. Assume images would then appear in Image Capture. Or I could uncheck iCloud Photos on my phone, right? Thanks.

Image Capture Not Showing iPhone Images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.