You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound on calls on iPhone 12

The volume magically appears and disappears on calls alone. I can’t hear during calls.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 3:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 8:24 PM

Done that already! I have cleaned the phone, adjusted the volume settings, reset all settings! No sound! The issue is only when I use the phone for call, the speaker mode works absolutely fine!

3 replies

Jan 28, 2022 7:08 AM in response to akanksha146

Hello akanksha146,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're unable to hear during calls on an iPhone 12. You've come to the right place! We're happy to look into this with you.

If you haven't already, please try to adjust the volume during calls using the steps in the following resource:

Adjust the volume on iPhone

If the issue persists, restart your iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

Restart your iPhone

Let us know the results. Does the issue persist when using the speaker or headphones? Does the issue occur on FaceTime calls? Be sure to include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!

No sound on calls on iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.