You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Apple TV not showing volume control using apple remote?

I have a last gen Apple TV 4K running through a Sony 950H with a sonos beam for surround. This setup is new, but I wasn’t seeing this issue earlier. Basically, if I use the tv remote to change the volume, the volume shows on screen. If I use the Apple TV remote, the volume still changes, but there is no indication on the volume level (or the change) on screen.

is anyone familiar with this issue?

thanks

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 5:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 6:49 AM

I should add, if I restart the Apple TV (and nothing else), volume indicator is present on screen again

3 replies

Jan 28, 2022 6:45 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I honestly think it is the timing during the boot up of the different devices. It’s just odd (and a little inconvenient), that the handoff is getting lost somewhere. It is still controlling the volume, just no visual indication. Using the TV remote, visual indication is present. I would just switch to the TV remote for everything, but it I can’t figure out how to make it wake the Apple TV (all other functions work) when I hit the power button. But that is another issue in itself.

Why is my Apple TV not showing volume control using apple remote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.