You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my iphone as a webcam for my ipad pro?

I realize that the iPad has its own camera, so I could stream using that.

However, That’s not advantageous if I want to use the iPad as a guide for a stream’s conversation, and I want a good angle that comes from my iPhone sitting inside a ring-light in front of my desk.

Can anyone confirm if this feature is unavailable? Or maybe there is a respected application I can download similar to ivCam or EpocCam (which only work with the Mac OS, rather than iOS -> iPad OS).?

I would like to see a continuity camera feature that includes video, if none is currently available. The ipad angle I can achieve while using the keyboard (necessary for my task) is not conducive to a good livestream.

Thanks!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 9:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 9:52 AM

iOS/iPadOS does not natively support external webcam or video input.

Apple do invite submission of comments and feature requests via their Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

1 reply

Can I use my iphone as a webcam for my ipad pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.