You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not recognized by car

My iPhone is no longer recongnized when its plugged into a car usb port. I noticed at first that CarPlay stopped working and then I noticed that playing music via Usb doesnt work either. The strange part is that the cord still charges the phone. Bluetooth still works.

I’ve tried different cables, updated softwares on both the vehicle and the car, and just about everything. Other peoples phones work on my car and my phone doesn’t work on others either.

Please help!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 12:06 PM

3 replies

Jan 30, 2022 3:00 PM in response to Kosoy_larry

Hello Kosoy_Larry,

We understand your device no longer works when connected to CarPlay or when plugged into your car's USB port. We'd love to help. Let's start by completing the steps listed here: If you need help with CarPlay to try to resolve the issue. Please make sure to click on the words listed in blue in the article because they will provide additional steps and information.

Take care

iPhone not recognized by car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.