You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DEAD PIXEL on my Brand New MacBook Pro 14” M1 Pro?!

How’s that possible? I’ve only had this for three days and today, all of the sudden I’m seeing two or three dead or stuck pixels on my screen. What in the world? I mean for a $3000 machine you’d expect a quality screen that stays away from this issue at least for a few years. It’s the second unit I’d have to take back to the store and change. First macbook had a faulty SD card reader with horrible speeds and crashes during data transfers, and an unusually fast draining battery. I’m taking this back as well. BTW…the retail store I bought this from is called eMag from Romania…I’m starting to wonder if Eastern Europeans get cheaper versions of the same models sold in USA.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 4:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
4 replies

Jan 29, 2022 5:35 PM in response to Rebelvue

I understand your frustration. Your experience is unusual.

…I’m starting to wonder if Eastern Europeans get cheaper versions of the same models sold in USA.

The same Macs are sold all over the world. The only regional differences are for regulatory compliance, keyboard characters, that sort of thing. Display panels are all the same.

DEAD PIXEL on my Brand New MacBook Pro 14” M1 Pro?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.