You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get access to my itunes library on OS10.12.6 on up-to-date devices

I've been uploading all of my music CDs to my old MacBookPro (2010), running Sierra 10.12.6, because it has a CD drive.

I thought I could just sync the iTunes Library with my other more up-to-date devices (iPhone XR 15.2.1 and MacBookAir running Monterey 12.2). I'd also like to share it with my husband's iPhone 7. Not an easy path methinks.

Since iTunes is no more, any suggestions aside from subscribing to Apple Music? Please don't tell me uploading 100+ CDs has ben a fool's errand :(

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 3:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 2:16 PM

Hi, boyldk, and thanks for reaching out. From your post, it seems you're inquiring about syncing music to iOS devices running the latest iOS version. We'll be glad to assist.

macOS Mojave and earlier (which includes Sierra) would still use iTunes to sync content over to devices. The following article shows how to do this: Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

We hope this clears things up.

Cheers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2022 2:16 PM in response to boyldk

Hi, boyldk, and thanks for reaching out. From your post, it seems you're inquiring about syncing music to iOS devices running the latest iOS version. We'll be glad to assist.

macOS Mojave and earlier (which includes Sierra) would still use iTunes to sync content over to devices. The following article shows how to do this: Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

We hope this clears things up.

Cheers.

How can I get access to my itunes library on OS10.12.6 on up-to-date devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.